ADMIN - BHARATH RAJ KIDAMBI
MBBS - SSR MEDICAL COLLEGE MAURITIUS
MD - INTERNAL MEDICINE - MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE
DM - CARDIOLOGY - AIIMS NEW DELHI

Infolinks

Sunday, May 1, 2011

MCI Screening Test - Medicine questions MCQ

Crack The MCI Screening: Jun 11, 2009:
A 93 year old gentleman suffered a fall at his nursing home and was bought into A&E by ambulance. He complained of a headache that he described as "the worst headache of my life". On examination he showed signs of neck stiffness and photophobia. The physician ordered an urgent CT scan of the head.
What is the likely cause of this gentleman symptoms?

(a) Subarachnoid haemorrhage
(b) Subdural haemorrhage
(c) Extradural haemorrhage
(d) Transient ischaemic attack
(e) Meningitis

7 comments:

  1. meningitis
    bcoz meningeal signs positive

    ReplyDelete
  2. @divya:
    Hi divya,
    The answer is sub arachnoid hemorrhage. Sub arachnoid hemorrhage is classically described as "worst headache of my life" or the thunderclap headache. Please refer to any standard textbook, sub arachnoid hemorrhage also causes meningeal irritation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks alot doc 4 d wonderful job u r doing .. I really appreciate it..
    This z priya , hav qualified my fmge exams in sep 2011 n immediately after exam I came back 2 continue my internship here in Bangladesh .. It ll b finished in feb 27th n by d 1st week of march I ll b in delhi for registration thing.. So pls tell me is it compulsory to apply for provisional registration prior to permanent one?? How much time it takes to get permanent reg?? Suggest the best opinion as I WANa apear in PG exams also :( I mean 2012:( is it possible ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @priya verma:- in india, u have to apply for provisional to do internship.. then complete internship and apply for permanent one.u cannot write PG if u haven't completed internship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean I m about to finish internship & I WANa appear for PG exams in 2012 & for that I need registration from MCI but permanent takes long time so I m planing to apply the provisional one from here as 1 of my frnd is going 4 her registration next week so can she submit my form also ?? So dat by the time I finish my internship I ll get the provisional n ll apply 4 PG ?? Plz suggest ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. your provisional will become permanent only on the submission of your internship certificate. You can however write PG exam with minimum completion of 9 months of internship.So i don't understand your query, u can apply for provisional, do your internship, but you wont be eligible for jan 2012 exam if 9 months of internship is not completed. See the criteria for selection in all major exams. It requires your internship completion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to get duplicate copy of fmge result certificate

    ReplyDelete