ADMIN - BHARATH RAJ KIDAMBI
MBBS - SSR MEDICAL COLLEGE MAURITIUS
MD - INTERNAL MEDICINE - MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE
DM - CARDIOLOGY - AIIMS NEW DELHI

Infolinks

Sunday, October 23, 2011

MCI Screening test - My experience and Guide for FMGE

My experience and Guide for FMGE:

'via Blog this'


This is by an fmge candidate , written on aippg.net  ; i took this so that other people might get some idea how to prepare.
regards
Bharath




Author: Vishal Dadlani

Well now you have 5 and half months for the March attempt
Based on my experience you need to master Medicine, Systemic Pathology, Surgery, PSM, Ophthalmology, Obs-Gyn, Pharmacology and Biochemistry
If you do these subjects well……you are definitely beyond 150 marks

1) Medicine- Do Coaching notes + Mudit Khanna Medicine MCQs. Doesn’t matter how well you have studied coaching notes you can’t answer more than 60% answer right but don’t worry that’s PG entrance questions you can’t answer everything.
The mudit khanna book is divided into 2 sections A & B. Once you are done with section A, immediately do section B.
e.g.- First you read CVS from your coaching notes, than you do chapter CVS from Mudit khanna and finally go to section B and do remaining MCQs
- Remember Internal medicine is the most important Subject for FMGE. You might have heard this time not much was asked from medicine but directly or indirectly question will come from Medicine. So read it well

2) Pathology- Well frankly speaking these days not many questions are coming from General pathology, so you can read it from smaller version of Govind Garg & Sparsh Gupta book
About Systemic Pathology its as important as Medicine so read it from bigger version of Garg & Gupta book. Pathology concept will make reading Medicine easy so read Patho before reading medicine.

3) Surgery- Read Coaching notes for both systemic & general surgery, followed by solving AA surgery. In AA surgery each chapter is divided into 2 parts, the first part is from recent papers and from major exams while the 2nd consists of questions from 80s and early 90s and mostly state PG exams. If you have read notes well than you can definitely solve good amount of questions from 1st part but in 2nd part you might find some weird questions. So after you are done with reading Notes & solving MCQs just write down those answers which you could not solve as “one liner” information, it might take some time in first reading but its will save a lot of time while revising.
About AA book- the first 20 chapters are from systemic surgery, remaining chapters are general and a/c to me those are the most important chapters to be mastered. Even this time there were aroung 5-6 ques directly from those chapters. You can skip chapters like Plastic surgery, tumors and others topics that you have read somewhere else but chapters like burn, trauma, infection, transfusion etc are those chapters from where you will find easy & guaranteed questions.

4) PSM- The most scoring subject among all
Book of Choice- Vivek Jain PSM book for FMGE
Mug it up form page 1 till end……..What ever the pattern of paper around 30-35 questions will show up from PSM and if you have read Vivek jain well you can answer 90% of questions easily.

5) Ophthalmology- What ever you read in this subject you won’t be satisfied with your preparation so don’t worry it happens with everyone.
You can read coaching notes followed by MCQs from Across (by Saumya & Anurag Shukla) or you can only read review book of Ruchi Rai, it contains both review notes+ MCQs.
Like PSM, Optha also carries around 30-35 questions every time but unlike PSM you have to satisfy with around 70% right answers in exam that too if you have read it well.

6) Obs-Gyn- Since I was always good in Obs-Gyn (as all males are born with gr8 knowledge in Obs-Gyn) I decided to go with Sakshi Arora. There are two different volumes, Gyn around 400 pages and Obs around 600 pages……in short its gonna take time.
So few of my friends who were running short of time, started with coaching notes and finished mugging with a Small book which finishes as soon as you open it, Harmeet Goyal review book. You can try that as well but a/c to me nothing can beat Sakshi arora.

7) Pharmacology- I started with bigger version of Govind Garg and Sparsh Gupta during my final MBBS but soon realized it contains excess of information so I switched to Smaller version and believe me that’s the book of choice for MCI pharma portion. Keep reading it, keep revising it and you can definitely score 90% of questions right.

8) Biochemistry- It’s the most common nightmare subject among MBBS students but not for this exam. Questions are either too straight or too difficult that it doesn’t matter how much you study you cannot solve those questions but fortunately those questions are very few.
Start reading any coaching notes mug those 80-90 pages notes and solve MCQs from Across.
You will find very few difficulties in Carbohydrate and lipids but as will go ahead you will realize you can’t even solve half of questions right but don’t worry those question will NOT come in your exam.

This was about the first reading of major subjects, but secret of passing this simple exam is how many times and how well you revise these subjects. In my first attempt I missed by 2 marks, for the next 1 month the only work in my life was to haul about my bad luck as I read everything important to pass this exam but later I realized it wasn’t just my bad luck it was because I could not revise everything in the last days….i did it this time along with continuing internship in China and easily passed with 183 marks.

One important thing I forgot to mention- Give your final touch with Kamal KV book not for just for these subjects but for all subjects. Even though you haven’t read that subject in your life time (for me it was Dermatology & Orthopedics) still just mug up the answers for all 19 subjects and don’t be surprised if you find the exact questions in your exam……

Finally Small subjects like Forensic, ENT, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radio, Dermatology and Orthopedics read it from any source- Coaching notes/ ROAMS (whatever you have). These subjects are actually scoring…but don’t just waste so much time on these subjects.......

26 comments:

  1. Crack mci in 2monthss...follow dis..it will surelyyy wrk..n will pass ur xm too ..all d vei bestt
    Please follow dis step ...do it sequence wise it will surely mak u crack mci 101% surety
    Listen ..... i m gng to tell u step by step wht shuld u do FOR CRACK MCI ..ok ...
    1.. AIPG papers mudhit khanna 94-2004 wid xplanation...complete it in 20days ...try to do 150question in a day ...
    2. KAMAL kv ..it will take around 10dayss....
    3. do final punch it will tak around 10 days...
    4... thn do AIPG papers muhdit khanna 2005-2011 ..dont go for xplanation just try to memorize objective..it will tk around 10days ..

    sooo together it will tk around 50days to complete evrything today itself its 26th nov....dnt think tht u hv xm on 25th march ..set ur mind tht u hav ur mci xm on 25th jan n u hav bloddy 2months to crack it .... nw go through wht i told u ..
    .after completing it once ...in remaining 2months u cn go through the same syllabus for more thn 5tymess...so in the xm hall u can nt feel lyk the xm ..bcz u hv almost completed more thn 7revision itself b4 xm ...

    all d vei best comeon ...i knw all u cn do it .....best wishes fm Armaan chourasiya (facebook)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii there

      This Plan will yield how much marks?
      I want to score 250 above, will it work?

      Delete
    2. Hello anonymous:- i haven't written this message, so no way of predicting how much marks you will get. generally a good preparation for mci for 2.5 months should yield 200 + easily.

      Delete
  2. According to me MCI Screening Test is World's simplest Exam.

    just believe yourself that you have everything inside you to crack this simple exam

    Set your mind that you WILL SURELY get 150marks whenever you get the chance to write thE exam ..

    National Board Of Education [NBE] want us to pass this exam .

    No need to study evrything just try to study BASIC OF MEDICINE..

    No need to stdy Harrison Or Bailey and Love..

    They just want to know wheather you have your basics clear or not .

    Please do Smart work ..
    Bcz even though you studied evrything once you are der in d xam hall ...
    a very simple question will seems to be a very difficult one for you..

    And Remember one more thing Luck factor is also have a great value in MCI exm ..
    Some time a lot of studious can't make it bcz they dont have that Luck thing wid them ..
    and If you want that luck factor inside you ..start praying to god

    Everyday if you r giving 10 or 11hours to your study

    Try to giv ur 10mins to allmighty GOD bcz Ultimately he will decide who will make it ..
    No matter how hard you study , no matter how much yuh know .. when the day come you have to show yourself ..

    THE JUDGEMENT DAY - 5 hour's .. 300min's .. 300question's..

    Trust me friend i am below avrg. student and i made it ..I Studied only 30days ..

    YOU CAN ALSO DO IT .... COMEON

    NOW ITS YOUR TURN TO SHOW UP ...
    My mission to make dis page is only to help those student who thinKs tht MCI is very big task no one can make it widout Coaching ... its nt true

    You can make it ... remember it ...

    Now im gng to write one quotation which i SAW in Mudhit khanna PG papers
    IF YOU THINK YOU CAN THN U HAV ACHEIVED HALF OF YOUR SUCCESS N
    IF YOU THINK YOU CAN'T THN U HAV ACHEIVED HALF OF YOUR FAILURE ..

    SO always tell dis to your mind to your heart to each n every blood vessels in your body ..tht you will do it ..

    Trust me frndssss ..... I m nt WRITING any scripted stOry ... i m teling you the way frm which you can make it ..

    Every one who studIES Medicine in abroad having a DREAM TO PASS MCI EXAM ..i dont know about you people but i Hd dis dream ...

    only 3months25days remaining ... a battle date is decided 25TH MARCH 2012 VENUE DELHI INDIA ....

    IM HERE to help you guys ..whenever you think you r nervous , you dont want to study ,
    when you think you couldn't make it
    ... i m here to help you ... SO ALL D VEI BEST FOR YOUR JUDGEMENT DAY ...
    I WILL PRAY FOR ALL YOU GUYS BCZ I KNW GOD IS WID ME N HE IS HEARING MY PRAYERS ...
    Email donttruststranger@gmail.com
    source worlds simplest xm mci page on fb http://www.facebook.com/pages/Worlds-simplest-exam-FMGE-MCI/227601040637420?sk=info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls tell me how u did in 30 days ?

      Delete
    2. i never did anything in 30 days. You have to work little everyday. i worked harder in the last 60 days. but i kept reading throughout my final year.

      Delete
  3. hey friend all thing is bakwas ido not no how i pass the exam and this year i crack dnb also with 275 marks i have put in my answer sheat b only the answer which i do not no and i got 185 marks hey its luck +self confidence just try to fuck mci (most corrupted institution

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u much sir ..ur blog is so helpfull 2 me ..m 6th yr student going accordingly ur plan ..subjectwise ..antrograde pattern ...till.letz c ..watz dere in my destiny ..but thank u so much ..u doing a gr8 job indeed ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sir, i'm doing my 5th year mbbs in tbilisi georgia. I have one more year left. I would like to start preparing for my mci exam which i will be taking in sept 2014 hopefully. So please guide me from which subject i should start preparing and how should i set time table. Please guide me. Thanking you in advance.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sir,

    i wnt your HELP as soon as posible...i sent my app. form for FMGE-2013 on 20th dec which was delivered on 23rd Dec.

    But today sudden i remembered tht might be i didn't send my Photos with blank papers..now what should i do??? i called 100 times at National Board office bt they didnt pick up...

    plz help me ...

    my id is mahantdodia27@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no need to panic. Send it now. At the max, they can only withhold your result for a few days till you submit the deficient documents.

      Delete
  7. thanks for guidence to crack most corrupted institution.M.C.I.i will crack it with fucking good marks.my last mci exams got clash with final exams,thanku god.now i know god is watching n fucking 1 by 1,have faith in ur self,never give up.i am frustated.best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wont agree that screening test just ask basic its quite a standard one

    ReplyDelete
  9. mci screening is very tough...many underestimate it. Revision is the key to succeeding this exam, doesnt matter how clever/talented/intelligent/rich u r. only hardworkers clear this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. any suggestion about prepration for march 2014 fmge?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!!...
    This is a lil query about the SSR medical college in Mauritius...
    If we study in SSR..can we do the internship in our native country??...and do we need to clear MCI before doing internship?...can't we do internship without clearing MCI?....
    also...I would like to know about the recognition and the graduates performances of students from Anna medical college...and DY patil from mauritius...
    And lastly, can anyone who has done MBBS from china tell me whether clearing MCI is possible for chinese graduates..bcuz..I have heard that Students doing MBBS from china have very low passing rate in MCI..
    looking for ward to replies,
    SK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please help...
    Is doing mbbs from russia is a gud option....n can I crack mbbs after getting undergraduate from there.......!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi doctor! Am Aadhan from Chennai. Got 96% in 12th state board. Planning to do my MBBS in China. Will doing Mbbs in China delay your process in getting into PG if I clear FMGE in first attempt? Will I fall behind a a year compared to students doing MBBS in India?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My name is Marius Dsouza .....I took the fmge this dec 2014 and topped with 244 . (My result is on my fb page ) .My advice ....there are not more than 3 or 4 direct repeats ..but the material is the same ...I think the key to success is by understanding and correlating information ....I used to study from kaplan notes and videos (for usmle) during my undergrad years also ...and they turned out pretty helpful to understand concepts ( that is useful for any1 still in medical school in 4th or 5th year )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marius
      Congrats 244 is a great score, i am planning to prepare for mci and I have 3 months left for me, as u said I was doing Kaplan notes and videos till now and I'm planning specifically to concentrate for mci. I need some detailed info about how u got that score and advice so If u don't wanna give your id in public this is my id dr.srinivasanraman@gmail.com, u can send the link of Fb or gmail Id. Thank you in advance.

      Delete
  15. Free app for cracking FMGE:
    🔥How to sign up?
    🔔Step 1: www.dma-testhub.com
    🔔Step 2: Add username, password & mail ID
    🔔Step 3: Choose FMGE/NEXT in the sign up column to acquire free access
    🔔Step 4: Activate the link sent to your mail (Check inbox & spam) → You will be approved in 1 day (Only after you are approved you will be able to view study materials & run tests)
    🔔Step-5: Download this app:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.testpress.dma
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dma-testhub/id1353825708?mt=8

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi doctor! I have been following ur blog since my undergrad days and I cleared my fmge at one go.. Thanks a lot for ur tips provided on this blog.. I also completed my internship here in India and now I'm preparing for neet pg 2019.. It would be great if I could get suggestions from u for pg preparation!!! I feel so discouraged and under confident about competing with Indian Med grads! I have been preparing since my 3rd year but my internship was pretty hectic so I couldn't study much.. With only 5 months around how do I crack neet!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the fmge tips to crack the online test. Also try FMGE test series helps student to prepare for FMGE who maybe sitting anywhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blog, Thank you for sharing this with us.
    As an aspiring medical professional, I can confidently recommend Medway Education for FMGE coaching. Their dedication to providing top-notch FMGE coaching is truly commendable. The experienced faculty and personalized study materials ensure comprehensive preparation, giving students a competitive advantage over others. I've had a remarkable experience with their coaching, and I highly suggest considering Medway for FMGE coaching. Take the first step towards a successful medical career with their expert guidance and resources. You won't be disappointed!er that can keep the floor clean and contamination free. Right from affordability to quality, they ensure customer satisfaction in aspect. Also, the company has acquired a wide customer base in the market. If you’ve any requirement for this device then I would recommend you to consider Merino International for their quality assurance.
    Click here: FMGE Coaching

    ReplyDelete